Shapter House: HOLIDAY BOOKING FORM
Please complete ALL SECTIONS; if not known or zero insert N/A or 0. When happy with the content hit SUBMIT at the bottom and it will come direct to us. You can PRINT a copy for your records if desired (or for mailing by ordinary post).
Payment can be made by internet payment, details below, PayPal (payment button at bottom of this form) or cheque (please advise of mailing & allow 7 days for receipt & clearance).
Deposit required is 25% of holiday price (unless within 2 months of date of travel, see terms & conditions 2 & 3 below).
- The property known as Shapter House, 51 Victoria Road, Topsham, Exeter, East Devon, EX3 0EU (‘The Property’) is offered for holiday rental subject to written confirmation by Nick & Jane Bailey(‘the Owners’) 5 Thorndale Mews, Clifton, Bristol BS8 2HX, U.K. e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to the renter (‘the Client’).
- The Contract for a short-term holiday rental is between the Owners and the Client under the following booking conditions. The contract of hire is not effective until we have received the deposit. The Contract will be subject to these conditions and must be complied with. The party leader of the Client must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the booking and the booking form must list names, addresses of all guests and the ages of all children under 16 years of age, within your party.
- To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the Booking Form and return it to the Owners together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (minimum 25% of the total due or full amount within 8 weeks of holiday). Following receipt of the Booking Form and deposit, the Owners will send a confirmation e-mail. This is the formal acceptance of the booking. Payment can be made by cheque or BACS (BANK details on form). Reservations made within two months of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 5) is payable not less than 2 months before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, this may be treated as a cancellation of the clients’ booking and the Owners reserve the right to give notice in writing/e-mail that the reservation is cancelled & the reservation deposit lost. Dishonoured cheques or recalled payments will attract a charge of £30 on each occasion.
- A security deposit for the amount as stated on the Booking Form is required in case of, for example, damage to property or its contents and excessive cleaning. However, the Security Deposit will not necessarily be the limit of the Client’s liability to the Owners. The Owners will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within 10 working days after the end of the rental period payable to first named on booking form by BGC to the bank account details provided by the Client (or direct from Owners Direct/VRBO if booking made through them.)
- Animals. Pets may be allowed at the property only by special arrangement with the Owners or their Agents. Please provide a note with the booking form as to their size, age & breed. We require that our clients read and agree to the following conditions which should be read in conjunction with and form part of the booking conditions:
- Not to allow any pet upstairs
- Never to leave any pet unattended in the property or the garden
- Not to allow any pet on any of the furniture
- To bring all pet bedding required and towels for drying and cleaning the pet when required
- To ensure that any pet is clean and dry before allowing inside the property. If further expenses making good damage, additional cleaning or soiling of the premises or garden is incurred, this is chargeable to the client. Please also see clause 5 above.
- To ensure that pets behave in such a manner as to not damage the property or the gardens nor to disrupt the neighbours or prejudice the reputation of the owners of the property
- To promptly pick up all dog mess from the gardens and all outside areas. We take pride in Topsham and locals take their responsibilities of cleaning up after dogs quite seriously. Please be mindful of this and pick up after your dog.
- Cancellations. The person who originally signed the Booking Form must make any cancellations in writing. Cancellations made at least 30 days prior to check-in will get back 100% of the amount they have paid. If they cancel between 14 & 30 days before check-in they'll get back 50%. Less than 14 days cancellation 100% of just the rental cost will be due. The Owners will do their best to comply with amendments to the original booking if they are requested in a reasonable period of time prior to the departure date. The Owners reserve the right to charge £25 per person in the event of a change of booking date to cover administration. The Client is strongly advised to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover of the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., since they are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
- The rental period: Clients should not arrive before 3.30pm on the commencement date of the holiday rental, and must leave by 10.30 am on the day of departure. Failure to do so may result in the client being charged a further day’s rental. The client must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or for a longer period. The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. Clients shall not be entitled to a tenancy, or to any assured shorthold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period.
- The Maximum number to reside in the property during the holiday rental period must not exceed that number stated on the completed and signed booking form. The owners reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Any persons other than members of the clients’ party as stated on the booking form must not use the facilities of Shapter House, unless prior written consent has been obtained by the owner. To exceed the maximum number of persons in the house is considered to be a serious infringement of the Terms and Conditions and can result in an immediate requirement to vacate the premises, with no refund of monies paid, and possible further charges in the event of damage to the facilities or property.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate guest and to take good care of the Property, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects and to leave it in the same state of repair and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. Owners reserve the right to make retention from the security deposit if the property is left in an unacceptable or dirty condition. The Client must not use the property for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the Owner or other neighbouring properties. The owner requests that noise is kept to a minimum between the hours of 10pm and 8am.
- The Client is responsible for the security of the Property during their stay and should take all reasonable precautions (i.e. use mortise locks installed) to ensure security of the property during periods when they are away from the Property.
- Smoking is prohibited at all times within the property.
- The Client shall report to the Owner’s agent without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown of any appliance in the Property and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- Liability. The Owners shall not be liable to the Client-:
- For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant or machinery in the property or grounds.
- For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owners. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owners for the rental period. Should for any reason the Property become unavailable, the Owner will repay to the Client all monies pay.
- Personal belongings are at the Client’s risk. The Owners accept no responsibility for personal injury or loss, or damage to Client’s belongings.
- Privacy. The owners will only ever use the client’s personal information in the course of delivering the services that have requested. Usually this only involves the booking of Shapter House as a self catering holiday rental, but can include other services that may have been requested. The personal information collected from the clients will usually include name, address, telephone number, email address and ages of any children who are included in the booking. These records are used to communicate with the clients by post, email or telephone to enable the owners to update the clients on information relating to the booking or any marketing/advertising that the owners personally undertake. These records will only be used fairly, lawfully and transparently. They will never be sold or rented to third parties, nor shared for marketing purposes. The clients have the right to request a copy of the personal information held as well as the right to request the deletion of any personal information as long as the owners no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained. All self-catering accommodation premises owners must keep a record of all guests over the age of 16. In addition, the owners ask for the names and current ages of all children under 16 years of age. This information must be kept for at least 12 months.
- Disclaimer: Please be forewarned that it is possible to catch computer viruses by accessing a web page or by downloading or running an infected program. Whilst the owners have taken steps to ensure that the pages on this website are free from infection, such is the nature of the internet that no assurance can be given that the pages of this website are indeed free from infection. The owners will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by any persons accessing this website or any third party resulting directly from the transmission of a computer virus resulting from the accessing of this website. Likewise, although there is free usage of broadband at Shapter House, and the owners make every effort to ensure it remains secure, there is no assurance that it is free from hacking. It is clients’ responsibility to ensure they take reasonable care when logging onto the Wi-Fi of Shapter House, to prevent malicious activities (such as not saving passwords, remembering to log out of banking or other financial/sensitive websites as soon as clients have finished etc.)
Payment by BGC (internet banking) is free of charges, our bank details are by the signature line of booking form.