Shapter House: HOLIDAY BOOKING FORM
Please complete ALL SECTIONS; if not known or zero insert N/A or 0. When happy with the content hit SUBMIT at the bottom and it will come direct to us. You can PRINT a copy for your records if desired (or for mailing by ordinary post).
Payment can be made by internet payment, details below, PayPal (payment button at bottom of this form) or cheque (please advise of mailing & allow 7 days for receipt & clearance).
Deposit required is 25% of holiday price (unless within 2 months of date of travel, see terms & conditions 2 & 3 below).
Booking Terms & Conditions, Shapter House, Topsham
- The property known as Shapter House, 51 Victoria Road, Topsham, Exeter, South Devon, EX3 0EU (‘The Property’)is offered for holiday rental subject to written confirmation by Nick & Jane Bailey (‘the Owners’) 5 Thorndale Mews, Clifton, Bristol BS8 2HX, U.K. e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to the renter (‘the Client’).
- To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the appropriate Booking Form and return it to the Owners together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (minimum 25% of the total due or full amount within 8 weeks of holiday). Following receipt of the Booking Form and deposit, the Owners will send a confirmation e-mail. This is the formal acceptance of the booking. Payment can be made by cheque or BACS (BANK details on form). Reservations made within two months of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking. Credit card or PayPal payments attract a 2.5% surcharge to cover some of the processing costs.
- The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 4) is payable not less than 2 months before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owners reserve the right to give notice in writing/e-mail that the reservation is cancelled & the reservation deposit lost. Dishonoured cheques or recalled payments will attract a charge of £30 on each occasion.
- A security deposit for the amount as stated on the Booking Form is required in case of, for example, damage to property or its contents. However, the Security Deposit will not necessarily be the limit of the Client’s liability to the Owners. The Owners will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within 10 working days after the end of the rental period payable to first named on booking form by BGC to the bank account details provided by the Client (or direct from Owners Direct if booking made through them.)
- Animals. Pets may be allowed at the property only by special arrangement with the Owners or their Agents. Please provide a note with the booking form as to their size, age & breed. They are restricted to the ground floor of the property and never allowed on furniture. If further expenses making good damage, additional cleaning or soiling of the premises or garden are incurred, this is chargeable. Please also see clause 4. above.
- Cancellations. The person who originally signed the Booking Form must make any cancellations in writing. Cancellations made prior to 8 weeks, the Owner will retain only the 25% deposit. Between 56 and 22 days, 50% of the total rental cost and from 21 days before departure, 100% of the total rental cost will be due. The Owners will do their best to comply with amendments to the original booking if they are requested in a reasonable period of time prior to the departure date. The Owners reserve the right to charge £25 per person in the event of a change of booking date to cover administration. The Client is strongly advised to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy(including cancellation cover) and to have full cover of the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., since they are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
- The rental period should finish before 11.00 am on the last day to allow for preparation of the property for the next clients. New Clients should not arrive at the property before 3 pm.
- The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed that number stated on the Booking Form.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. House cleaning is included in the rental charge, but the Owners reserve the right to make retention from the security deposit if the property is left in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in a manner that would cause disturbance to those residents in neighbouring properties.
- The Client is responsible for the security of the Property during their stay and should take all reasonable precautions (i.e. use mortise locks installed) to ensure security of the property during periods when they are away from the Property.
- Smoking is prohibited at all times within the property.
- The Client shall report to the Owner’s agent without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown of any appliance in the Property and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- Liability. The Owners shall not be liable to the Client-:
- For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant or machinery in the property or grounds.
- For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owners. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owners for the rental period. Should for any reason the Property become unavailable, the Owner will repay to the Client all monies paid or offer alternative accommodation of a similar size and standard in the locality.
- Personal belongings are at the Client’s risk. The Owners accept no responsibility for personal injury or loss, or damage to Client’s belongings.
Payment by BGC (internet banking) is free of charges, our bank details are by the signature line or you can Pay via PayPal, see below.
Payment to be made either deposit or full amount (please select below).
You will be asked to enter an amount only when you click Pay Now.
Please note booking by PayPal or credit card attracts a 2.5% surcharge to cover some of the costs. This will appear as "postage" when you go into the PayPal screen.
N.B. This contracts shall be governed by English law including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England.