Topsham and the Surrounding Area offer:
The conservation area of Topsham provides narrow streets of historic houses, beautiful Dutch inspired Georgian homes, quality pubs, restaurants and specialist shops and overlooks the Ex estuary and the beautiful Haldon Hills beyond.
- The town boasts a heated outdoor swimming pool (open around 6 months a year), tennis courts, a bowling green & numerous other excellent facilities all within an easy walk of the house. Just click on this link; this gives you a location map & birds eye view of the area and you can get directions straight to the house from anywhere you enter.
- Boating and fishing enthusiasts have quick access by water to Exmouth and Dawlish and on out to sea for all the delights of the Devon coastline.
- The cathedral city of Exeter (accessible by road, rail & bus) is just a few minutes away and offers fabulous shopping, architecture, waterside bars & restaurants.
- Train enthusiasts will enjoy the surrounding areas with a station just a few minutes walk from the house, with hourly service to Exeter, Exmouth & links to the rest of the coast line, countryside & rest of U.K.
- Artists will be in their element with the wonderful combination of village, estuary, country or wildlife all within easy reach.
- Bird watching fans are very well catered for, with the internationally renowned RSPB Bowling Green Marsh reserve just 15 minutes walk from the house.
- Golfers will enjoy the numerous superb facilities of the many golf courses within a 20-mile radius. Exeter Golf and Country Club & Woodbury Golf Club are only a few minutes drive away.
- The two clubs above also boast great leisure facilities & there is a David Lloyd Club outside Topsham.
- Walk (about 10mins) to the Bridge Inn, one of the oldest and most interesting Pubs in the country or on to Darts Farm for pick your own, best fish (fresh or cooked) anywhere, great specialist food shopping, outdoor clothing, cafe and much more. Thirty minutes easy walk along the estuary and you will reach the Puffing Billy. Great atmosphere and food
- Numerous other activities and the beaches at Dawlish, Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton, Sidmouth, Seaton & Beer can be found nearby for families to explore and enjoy.
- There is also superb walking (Exmouth is the gateway to the Jurassic Coast), biking on the cycle track close by or horse riding (in the Haldon Hills and Dartmoor National Park) or just enjoy the charms of the house and the town! Just email us if you require any further info on local interest (click contact us below).
- Contact us if we can help with info on any of the above but don't delay - book now!